Getting married can cost a small fortune. I would know. I’m currently in the process of planning my own wedding. But planning a wedding doesn’t have to mean spending all of your hard-earned savings in one day (I know the memories will last forever, but it’s still one day…). In fact, I’ve found that there are many ways to score some deals for the big day.
How to score deals while wedding planning:
- Visit bridal shows. Especially early on in your planning. You will find vendors for everything here and they’re all dying to get your attention. They always have promotions going on and you can even enter raffles to win free or heavily discounted products/services.
- Ask your vendors for recommendations. There are often certain vendors who partner up and offer discounted services when they are booked together. For example, my photographer recommended my videographer, and once we signed with both of them, they discounted the overall price for both services. Score!
- Use newer vendors for lower prices. There are many people just breaking into the wedding industry, and they need good recommendations to make a name for themselves. Ask friends and family if they know of anyone trying to get started and looking for clients (some ideas might be DJs, bands, photographers, videographers, and wedding planners.).
- Download apps. In this day and age, there is an app for everything, so why not wedding services? One example is WedPics, where your friends and family can download the app to upload photos and videos from the big day. Knowing how much all photographers and videographers add up, this is a great option.
- Shop around registries. Certain companies offer specials and discounts for just creating a wedding registry with them. I’ve even seen companies offer fulfillment discounts so you can purchase items off your registry that no one bought at a discounted price later on.
As a bride to be, I’m telling you that it is possible to save on your wedding. Deals are out there for you to find and use!